Breast Cancer: 8 Causes Around You
- Estrogen Medication for too long time or high estrogen in blood: The physiological function of Estradiol is to cause cells to proliferate and progesterone make the cells to differentiate and grow up. Estradiol bring female characteristics in a woman. Like it causes the breasts to grow and the hips to round out. However, excessive estradiol can cause an increased incidence of breast cancer.
- X-Ray and Gamma Radiation: Although X-Ray that we use for medical diagnostics are within safe limit but these rays may be present in solar radiation, which may be little fatal. This does not mean exposure to this radiation for once may cause cancer. Exposure for many years may be a contributing factor but alone cannot give you cancer.
- Alcoholic beverages: Certain metabolic changes occur due to consumption of alcohol, may, again contributes to cancer.
- Tobacco smoking
- Ethylene Oxide, a sterilizing agent
- Gene and Family History: Mutation in gene p53, BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 can trigger breast cancer initiation. This is one of the major factor. The one who have family history must go for mammography on regular basis.
- Sedentary lifestyle: May be a contributing factor in causing breast cancer.
- Certain Foods: Sugar, grilled meat, high fats animal products, artificial sweeteners, diary products, etc.